This is, according to Google, Trevor the Turkey, who loves shoes almost as much as I do. And so, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, a list of things I’m thankful for:
- Shoes. Although I must remember to pack some sort of mid-sized heel or walking shoe next time I’m going to be gallivanting around NYC for a week.
- Purple shoes. This deserves a special list entry all its own because it took me months of searching to find a pair for my wedding in April, and now stores everywhere are selling them, in case I need extras.
- My wonderful clients, new (Welcome Karen Hamilton and Ransom Riggs) and old (Maureen Johnson — yes, I called you old, although I’m sure you’d just point out that you are, in fact, two days younger than me) and everywhere in between. I love reading all of your books, and I’m thrilled that, even though I work alone, I work with some of the best people I know.
- Rexroth and Trixie, who, after a long day of my working alone, never fail to make me smile, keep me perky, and are happy to let me babble away with all the words I didn’t get out in my working hours.
- Facebook. I’m grateful to have yet another way of keeping in touch with editors, clients, friends, and family, and seeing what they’re up to all day. I’m also happy that is the complete and inclusive list of people whose friend invites I will accept.
- Manuscripts that keep me up too late. The lack of sleep is so worth it.
- My fantastic subagents, who’ve helped me close deals in Germany, Spain, Italy, and France already this year, and who go to such great efforts for my list. I can’t wait to see you in Bologna in the Spring.
- Bologna in the Spring. Whee!
- My kindle, which has changed the way I work and read.
- Bloggers everywhere who talk about books and keep a literary conversation alive.
What are you thankful for?
5 thoughts on “Ask Daphne! Special Turkey Day Edition”
So many great things to be thankful for! I'm also thankful for agents like you blogging and helping us newbies figure out the best ways to go about getting published.
I'm with Trish. Fabulous Agent Kate is way high on my list. And Chapstick. I'm addicted to it.
I'm a day late here… having spent yesterday cooking, eating and hanging out with one of my fabulous daughters and several of her friends. I am very thankful for that!
And I have to echo Trish and Carrie Harrie – thankful that you are my agent! :^D
Thank you for your blog and helpful advice.