We’re thrilled to be actively seeking new clients with great writing, unique stories, and complex characters, for middle grade, young adult, and adult.
- Kate is currently closed to queries.
- Sara seeks authors in middle grade, young adult, and adult romance, erotica, science fiction, and fantasy.
- Aida is seeking fiction in upper middle grade, YA, and adult, and select narrative non-fiction
- Chelsea is seeking middle grade and young adult fiction as well as select Adult projects.
- Hannah is only open for marginalized writers in young adult, middle grade, and speculative adult fiction
- Hilary is seeking middle grade and young adult fiction.
- Jas is seeking middle grade and young adult fiction.
- Kelly seeks young adult and middle grade fiction, with a particular interest in projects by marginalized creators.
- Renee is closed to all queries.
To query us, please select one of the agents at kt literary at a time. If we pass, you can feel free to submit to another. Please email your query letter and the first three pages of your manuscript in the body of the email to either
For Sara, Aida, Chelsea, Hilary and Kelly, the subject line of your email should include the word “Query” along with the title of your manuscript. For Hannah and Jas, the subject line of your email should include the phrase “#OwnVoicesQuery” or “Underrepresented writer query” along with the title of your manuscript. Queries should not contain attachments. Attachments will not be read, and queries containing attachments WILL be deleted unread. We aim to reply to all queries within two weeks of receipt. For examples of query letters, please feel free to browse the About My Query archives on this site.
In addition, if you’re an author who is sending a new query, but who previously submitted a novel to us for which we requested chapters but ultimately declined, please do say so in your query letter.
If we like your query, we’ll ask for the first five chapters and a complete synopsis. For our purposes, the synopsis should include the full plot of the book including the conclusion. Don’t tease us. Thanks!
We are not accepting snail mail queries at this time. If you have an aversion to email, perhaps we’re not the best agency for you. We also do not accept pitches on social media.
Additional information about Sara’s specific interests can be found on on the blog or on Publishers Marketplace. Aida’s MSWL can be found on the blog. Chelsea’s interests can be found on the ktliterary blog. Hannah’s interests can be found on the blog as well. Hilary’s interests are detailed in a recent interview. Jas’s interests can be found on the ktliterary blog. Additional information about Kelly’s interests can be found on her website www.penandparsley.com.