Welcome back to the blog! I can’t believe it’s been two weeks since my last regular post. I guess we kind of skipped over all the regular end-of-year/start-of-new-year posting, didn’t we? Herewith, a brief recap of last year, by the numbers:
- I had 3 books I sold reach the New York Times bestseller list,
- Held a hotly contested auction for a client, with 8 bidders,
- Welcomed 4 new clients to the kt literary fold,
- Parted ways with 2 authors,
- Closed 9 new deals for domestic rights,
- Sold a title in 22 foreign markets — a new record for me!
- Received over 3500 queries and asked for 82 partials,
- Met with more than 60 editors at the Bologna Book Fair,
- Only read 36 books for pleasure,
- Went to NYC for meetings 3 times, and
- Spoke at 4 conferences or workshops.
That’s just a few of the highlights. In 2010, I’d love to go to even more conferences and workshops, and I look forward once again to a very busy Bologna. I’m not sure how many more clients I want to take on at this point, but I think there’s still room for growth.
My big resolution for 2010 is to sell something for every client I retain! What’s your plan for the New Year?
Filed Under: Slushpile
Tags: status report